Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Meeting The Most Powerful....

Who is the most powerful person you have ever met? For Christians, the most powerful meets us where we are. In prayer, we speak with God through Jesus, who intercedes for us. Prayer, simply put, is talking to God through our intercessor, Jesus Christ. 


I enjoy having conversations with strangers. I make every effort to move the conversation from the day-to-day into the extraordinary. One way I do this is asking people, How can I pray for you? I phrase the question this way because I’m not asking them IF but how. It is a question that usually elicits a response that is affirming rather than them giving a flat-out answer, “No, you cannot!”  I often hand them a cross to let them know that God loves them! 

Prayer connects us to God because of what Jesus did on our behalf. It is through Jesus that we have an advocate, bringing our needs before God in heaven. Without going into depth theologically, prayer is simply the lining of our will with God‘s Will.


When we pray we seek wisdom, direction, help, and hope. Through God’s Grace we have access to the most powerful, who is God. Prayer not only changes things, it changes us. “Cast all your concern on Him.” (1 Peter 5:7)


What do you need to talk to God about?