Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Finding Meaning Through Divine Interruptions

People often as me the question, “What you doing today?” Too often I look at my calendar to answer the question without really comprehending the opportunities. I often have missed the significance of such a question. I am too often skipping through my day without even a thought of God’s plan for my day-to-day activities.

I’ve come to learn that God actually has another plan for my daily activities. That is usually very different from what I would assume to be his plan. But in actuality, God works in mysterious ways. If I would allow him, they would be far more surprises and reasons for personal testimonies. I would perhaps see more God sightings if I thought more clearly of His plan that I often overlook.

We’re all filled with distractions. We put our minds to work on the natural and often miss the supernatural. You see, if my day is planned by myself, any good that may come of it is quickly stolen away by my bragging which leaves little room for God’s Glory!

Often we pack our schedules leaving little room for God to do what he would choose to do if only we let him. Nevertheless, God does interrupt our day. He does this usually to remind us of the importance things of life; God’s plan. We can miss tremendous opportunities that only God could orchestrate.

Colossians 4:3 — And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.

I am taking back by this passage of Colossians because it challenges me to think about God‘s perspective and to realize the supernatural; divine appointments that he could set up if I only we let him. Divine interruptions are God’s way of nudging us to action; His way! 

What if we thought in terms of Colossians 4:3 every day? Making if we made this our daily prayer? What if we spent time asking God for opportunities so that we would proclaim his truth in the life of another? What if that interruption, though annoying as it may be is just really God’s way of nudging us to a deeper and more meaningful experience both with him and in the lives of others?

There are many in our world today that are longing for God‘s meaningful touch in their lives. And yet there are many who fill their schedules so that they can find meaning of their own lives. I wonder, could God make a plan that would both satisfy the needs of those looking for God‘s touch while also satisfying the needs of others looking for mean in their lives? 

For more related articles go here!