Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Living Hope!

Today I want to encourage us because of the living Word of God. Today’s blog entry is a reminder that there is a living hope! 

There are at least three things I need to  understand in order that we can see that God is active and living. He is active in His creation and by His Word, the Bible in our lives. 


God spoke!


In Genesis we see that God always has been. The Bible starts out with, “In the beginning God.” The fact that God has always been is important. It is in understanding thus that as He created life. it was through Him that gave order to life! 


Many debate how God did it. The Bible makes it clear that His creation began to be described by His Word when it reads, “...and God said”. The world became because God spoke the living Word.


We see further that the Word was living and life began as He spoke it into being. Psalms 33:6 reads; “The LORD merely spoke, and the heavens were created. He breathed the word,and all the stars were born.”


The translation here uses the word, merely. It is an adverb that means, “only as specified and nothing more; simply”. I love that word because it seemed easy for God. It was simply by the spoken Word!


The Word already existed.


A word we often talk about and read is LOGOS. It is a Greek word which means order and logic. From nothing God created order. Before creation there was nothing but God created order in His creation. We know by reading John 1:1-3 that the Word already existed. It was not created but all of creation was by the spoke word; it already existed!  


John 1:1-3 is how we come to understand the origin of his Word as it reads, “In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He existed in the beginning with God. God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.”


Scripture reminds us that the Word is eternal. The Word of God not only has always existed but it was by what God spoke into being. The Scripture says that God’s Word never returns void. (Isaiah 55:11) It is a truth that reminds us that the word of God as eternal substance, not just for this world but also the next. We read about God’s kingdom and that Jesus came to reveal his kingdom on earth but it is by his word that it comes into being.

Isaiah 55:11 — It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

A love for His Word. 


I think I enjoy preaching and teaching the Word most because it’s the opportunity to remind people of the eternal hope. We can have this hope through the living God and living Word.  It begins by my love for the Bible!


We have a living hope because of the eternal blessing that can only come from the Word of God. 1 Timothy 4:10 reads, “This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers.”


It is hardest to live it out! (not just preach truth). Living out what is preached or taught is the toughest! Applying and being discipled in the Word of God is clearly challenging but, God also gives us strength to accomplish his will for our lives. Since His Word is eternal it also means that His principles and precepts are eternal. It becomes a way of life!


What is the life verse that keeps me on track? 


My life verse is from Philippians 1:6 that reads and reminds me daily, “And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.”


When I discovered my life verse, it wasn’t magical but, the Lord impressed on me that this verse was specific to me. It became an anchor for me so that during troubled waters I can remain calm and it keeps me from drifting.


My challenge for us is to memorize passages from the Word that have deep meaning and deep application to our lives. What is your favorite one?