Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Today Will Never Come Again!

My father-in-law, affectionately called, Papa Don often says, "This is a great day. There has never been a day like this one and there will never be a day like this one again." With wild enthusiasm for life, Papa Don is optimistic as he expresses his love for for God’s new day and people often. This is the foundation of my blog today. 


Each new day is a new awakening to the blessings God has given. In the age we live too many waste their day in worry and pass quickly through planning the days to come. We are all guilty of this. Our calendars are full as we anticipate tomorrow. We are often anxious as we look into the future, missing the present. 

Few people are living in the present. Most are anxious for tomorrow. You can spot them because they look hurried. I am one of those. My wife often said that I possessed the "hurried sickness" referring to Dr. James Dodson’s research on this particular illness. 

In recent years I have made every attempt to work on my anxious spirit. I memorized the Bible passages that tell me not to worry; Matthew 6:25, 28; Luke 12:22; Phillipians 4:6; Proverbs 27:1; 1 Corinthians 15:32: James 4:14. 


It is too often that people can rush through their day striving to earn an income and forgetting how God provides. Even though I still make plans for the future, because I know that God would want us to remain active, I attempt to live in the present. Scripture reminds us that God is in control. In Psalm 37:23 we read, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way." 

As we seek God‘s will we soon discover opportunities that can only be from the Lord. Each day I pray that the Lord would send a "divine interruption" in my life so that I could be a blessing and encouragement to someone. I define a divine interruption as a situation that is not planned but that God chooses to use to make a divine opportunity for ministry.

Take just a few minutes now and meditate on the Word of God. Take a few minutes to listen to this video originally produced by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, Order My Steps.

Psalm 119:133-136 King James Version (KJV)

133 - Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

Consider today only. Be in the present and discover the presence of God in all you do. It may surprise you to know that everyone is gaurenteed the same, Christian or non-Christian. We may call this prevenient Grace.

Lamentations 3:22-24

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."