Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday Morning


This morning our team gathered for debriefing and sharing what God has been able to do. Many stories were shared about how we were able to prayer for and share with NIU student, alumni and community people. It is amazing what God is able to do!

Damien shared about the opportunities he had to speak with officers and social workers.

Mindy shared about being able to speak with anxious parents. She also was able to speak with several foreign exchange students. It was so impressive to see Mindy hug and comfort so many.

Some gathered at the Recreation Center. They were able to provide ministry to faculty affected by this tragedy.

Dennis shared with over a dozen and prayed for them, bringing them comfort and hope.

God can truely bring peace in the midst of broken pieces! At NIU, it is clear that God can provide help in times of trouble.

As I was checking out of my room I had the opportunity to speak with Dundra, an Indian student. He shared that he was a Hindu but very impressed with the many Christian chaplains. I explained the difference in religions and that because of Christ, salvation is a free gift. I shared that we can have the assurance of eternal life. While he did let me prayer for him, he said he was not sure about the claims of Christ. I left him with a "The Life of Christ" booklet by Billy Graham.

I also had a last minute exchange with Andrew while he waited for the bus. He shared the anxiety he felt. He said, "You never think that going to school could be so unsafe." I told him that God has a plan for our lives. I prayed for him and left him with literature. I also told him that according to Jeremiah that "God knows the plans he has for us. Plans for hope and a furture..." Pray for Andrew so that he may come to a personal relationship with Christ.