Monday, March 27, 2006

Final Word on the Rapid Response Team Efforts

I write this brief update blog as I wait for my flight out of Atlanta.

We passed the baton onto three incoming chaplains out of North Carolina. It is exciting to know that our efforts will be furthered as we head home. We built on the efforts of those before us, watering the seeds planted and planting new ones. What a joy to be part of such a national team!

This is Kingdom work! We build upon those before us and others come along after us. Each of us give out of our giftedness and somehow, the Lord pulls all our efforts together.

No different on the local church level. Each member of the body of Christ pitches in and together we reach people for Christ. We saw many who gave their "bits and pieces" of time and talent that has eternally changed the hearts and lives of people.
(Many of our times were shared by the work of Samaritan's Purse and the United Methodist Church disaster relief group).

As Paul told the Corinthian church about the spiritual gifts, I imagine that many were excited to discover how they fit into the Kingdom efforts. So too should we. We should be excited to give of ourselves for the cause of Christ.

My part of the work as chaplain has ended and there were many powerful opportunities. While I may have completed my efforts in the Gulf for now, by no means have I ended my ministry of helps and service to people in need. I have much to do in my neighborhood too!

Each of us have the same opportunity. Perhaps not as obvious as the need in the Gulf but, lost people live nearby each of us. Our efforts are vast before us all as we consider those neighbors around where we live!

So, I say, let the mission continue!

Pray for lost people because they matter to God!

Pray for those I have touched in Jesus' Name in the Gulf.

Pray for the continued efforts of The Rapid Response Team chaplains.

Pray that the seeds planted will also see harvest.

Thank you for your prayers and support!